In order to ensure our customers receive the best level of service, we offer a comprehensive returns policy in the unlikely event that you are not 100% satisfied with your order. Please note that the following returns procedure must be followed, and failure to do so may result in us being unable to exchange goods or provide refunds.
If you wish to cancel your order, you can notify us by email using the contact us form before we have despatched the goods to you.
All goods carry a standard warranty offered under UK law. Please note this warranty only covers a manufacturing defect, not a fault caused by incorrect use or assembly. We cannot provide any warranty on electrical components once soldered or self-build components that have been installed. Additionally, batteries are classed as "consumables" and as such we will only provide a dead on arrival warranty. Please check your order as soon as you receive it, if there is any concerns please contact us. Any faulty goods must be reported within 3 days of receiving them.
You should inform us of items that have been damaged during delivery within 24 hours of receipt so we can make the appropriate claims. Parcels that are delivered and show signs of damage must be signed for as damaged with the delivery agent.
You will need to apply for a RMA number before returning any products faulty or otherwise. This will be issued via email along with a return address; any items returned without a RMA number will not be accepted. To receive an RMA number please use click here.
If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return goods you have ordered from us within 14 days of receipt for a refund or exchange, this is in compliance with consumer contracts 'distance selling' regulations. After the 14 days, the sale is considered final. If the 14 day period has passed, or your item has modified in some way and is no longer working, we will still be happy to attempt to resolve your issue. Technical issues can often be resolved without the need to ship things back to us. Please note UK online distance selling rules apply, except for tailor made custom orders which are exempt and may not be returned.
Upon receipt of the goods we will give you a refund of the amount paid excluding the delivery charge and payment transaction fees (typically around 3 percent). If the return is due to Flying Tech making a mistake or your goods are proven to be faulty, we will also refund appropriate postage costs where applicable up to a maximum of £7.50. International customers will be responsible for all return postage costs, including return shipping costs. Returned items must be returned to us in the original, saleable condition. Any returns that have been damaged, scratched, programmed, or used in anyway will not be accepted. If the returned item is not suitable for re-sale then we do reserve the right to refuse a refund.
A 20% restocking fee will be applied for items returned that have been opened this is because we need to fully test the item before placing back on sale in our store. Also we recommend using a recorded delivery or insurance for valuable items. Flying Tech is not responsible for returns that never make it back to us.
Please also note we can be very busy at times and therefore it is usually anything between 2 - 14 working days to test items sent to us.
You'll need to package the item securely and include:
- Your order number
- The returns authorisation number
- Whether a replacement or refund is needed
- The reason why you are returning the item.
Goods returned should be in their original condition and packaging in which they arrived, along with a copy of the invoice or delivery note.
All Refunds are processed within 30 days - it is our aim to get your money refunded back to you as quick as possible.
- We will not be held liable for any loss or damage in transit. Goods remain property of the customer until received by us.
- For your own protection, we recommend that you send the parcel using a delivery service that insures you for the value of the goods.
- The cost of returning items will be borne by the customer.
- Replacement item(s) will not be sent out until returned item(s) are received and checked.
- If the item has been used and damaged i.e. in a crash then the item will not be deemed as faulty.
- The rights to return the goods to us as referred to will not apply in the event that the product has been used or not in original condition, or does not contain all the parts originally sent with the product (including the Instructions).
- Flying Tech will not issue a refund for any goods returned which are found to be in working condition, failed due to lack of knowledge / used beyond the operators skills, used incorrectly and damage or because the goods have been used in an environment or manor without the proper protection. In this event the goods can either be returned to the end user at their own expense or disposed of, the choice will be the end users.
- Please be aware that we cannot be held responsible and provide refunds/exchanges on stock affected by circumstances beyond our control. This includes damage and neglect after goods are received, goods being stored in climatic conditions such as extremes of temperature that can affect some items and damage by third parties.
- Please note we only cover faulty hardware, we do not offer any warranties on software used with or without hardware.
- Personalised goods are non returnable.
- We test all hardware before shipment, so it is very unlikely that you will receive faulty hardware.
These provisions do not affect your statutory rights.