We ship worldwide - Same day shipping on all orders placed before 4pm - FREE delivery on UK orders over £99 <1kg*
An auto antenna tracker is a must for long distance FPV/Video operation and ensures the maximum reception at all times by tracking the model as it flies in all directions and altitudes.
The Arkbird AAT greatly improves the transmission range by pointing a high gain directional panel antenna (not supplied) at your model wherever it goes. This allows you to greatly increase your range without having to ever aim your antenna. It does that for you! The tracker works by using an airborne module on your model, which embeds GPS coordinates information into the transmitted FPV video signal. This is then received and decoded by the ground station to determine the azimuth (heading) and then direct the antennas beam to ensure it remains locked onto your model. The great thing about using an antenna tracker is that you can operate a FPV transmitter at legal power levels and still get good range. While it's possible to get FPV video reception over several 100 meters when using an omni-directional antenna at 25mW, you could expect to increase this to several kilometers by using a high gain directional antenna.
The tracker has 2 sets of sensors for dual-coupling correction and is equipped with a magnetic compass and inertial navigation compass (gyroscope) for high precision tracking. Take off point coordinates can be automatically saved after powering up, and dynamic positioning is achieved by connecting a further GPS model (available separately) with the Ground Station. This is very handy if the antenna tracker is used on a moving vehicle or in the event of an emergency landing or searching for a lost model.
The ATT system is easy to setup. The Ground Station tracker uses plug and play cabling to connect with your FPV receiver (not provided) and simply requires a 12V (3S) power input. The ATT airborne module requires a GPS to work. If you are using one of the Arkbird GPS Autopilots you can share its GPS module with the AAT Airborne Module. If you aren't using one of the Arkbird autopilots you can purchase a plug and play M8N GPS module for it here. Prior your first flight or change of flying site, it is important to calibrate the tracker to ensure it is pointing directly at your model. To begin with do a short-range test flight and make sure the antenna is tracking your directly model. If the tracking is off, land and recalibrate the tracker.
The ground unit is supplied with integrated suction cups for mounting on a car roof etc and a tripod mounting so that you can choose which way you mount the tracker whilst its in use.
- Plug and play when used with Arkbird Autopilot 2.0
- Greatly improves long distance transmission
- 2 sets of sensors for dual-coupling correction
- High quality powerful steering motor with 360° slip ring
- Advanced fully automatic calibration algorithm for one step calibration
- Dynamic positioning can be achieved with additional GPS module
- Dual mounting, suction cup or tripod
- USB interface for upgrades
- Power up FPV VTX / airside module (LED flashing quickly).
- Power up FPV VRX and tune into VTX frequency.
- Power up ground station and check for flashing lights (Red / Yellow) which indicate a GPS lock and decoded video feed.
- Position airborne module near ground station and press HOME button for 5 seconds to store GPS home location (If you have a GPS module connected to the ground module you can skip this step).
- Press CALIBRATE (CAL) button for 5 seconds to perfrom compass calibration.
- Confirm heading direction is pointing North and if use button one and three to adjust if required.
- Press CAL four times to confirm setup and exit.
- Does the Arkbird AAT System only work with 5.8GHz Video Systems? The full size Arkbird ATT will work with all analogue video frequencies. It requires the user to supply their own video receiver.
- Does the GPS information affect the video? No, it's invisible and the ground station decodes this information.
- Does the ATT require an Arkbird Autopilot to work? No, the ATT system just requires a GPS module connected to the Airborne Module, although you can use it with the Arkbird Autopilots.
- Does it work with any FPV camera? It must be used with an analogue FPV camera that is PAL (not NTSC).
- Please note - the AAT ground station has a built in magnetometer so keep it away from sources of magnetic interference.
- FPV system: Camera, Video Transmitter, Video Receiver, Antennas - Omni-Directional for Model / High Gain Directional for Ground Station
- GPS Module for ATT Airborne system / or shared GPS module with Arkbird Autopilot 2.0.
- 12V Power Supply or 3S LiPo
- Arkbird AAT Airborne Module - the ATT Ground Station includes one airborne module. If you want to equip another FPV model with support for antenna tracking you can purchase an additional air module.
- Additional GPS Module - the ATT Ground Station can fix its home location from the GPS module connected to the airborne module, however if you wish to move the antenna tracker when in use, you'll need to connect to it a GPS module so that it knows its live home position.
- Input Voltage (Ground Module): 12V (3S lipoly)
- Max Current Draw (Ground Module): 800mA@12V
- Input Voltage (Airborne Module): 7~13V (2~3S lipoly)
- Max Current Draw (Airborne Module): 200mA@12V
- Dimensions (Ground Module): 160 x 160 x 120mm
- Dimensions (Airborne Module): 65 x 30 x 10mm
- Weight (Airborne Module): 12g
- Arkbird ATT Auto Tracker Ground Module with Mount
- Arkbird ATT Auto Rracker Airborne Module
- USB interface for upgrades
- Pre-wired airborne module wiring harness
- A/V lead with 6 pin connector
- 12V power lead with XT60 connector
- 2 x inline adapters
Sorry, we don't currently have any product related advice for this item. For general tips, tutorials and help please check out our Multirotor Beginner's Guide. Alternatively feel free to ask us a question.
All information relating to shipping and delivery is stated here. Should you not find what you are looking for, please contact us.
Shipping costs are calculated once items have been placed in your basket during checkout.
UK Postage: Here at Flying Tech we process orders Monday to Friday and pride ourselves on our quick turnaround of orders. If stocks levels allow, we aim to dispatch orders placed before 4PM the same day with Royal Mail. Our cut off time for courier delivery is earlier; orders must be placed by 1PM for next day delivery with DHL and 1PM for next day delivery with APC. A confirmation email will be sent when your order has been dispatched. If you wish to change your order, please contact us promptly, as we won't be able to make amendments once the order has been shipped.
We are partnered with several delivery companies including Royal Mail, DHL, APC and Parcel Force. If you have a special delivery requirement or would like to arrange a shop collection please contact us. For small low value orders our cheapest delivery service is Royal Mail First Class; this service aims to deliver the next working day including Saturdays and it can be sent recorded for extra peace of mind – please note this is not a guaranteed next day delivery or trackable service.
For a guaranteed next day delivery we recommend Royal Mail Special Delivery or one of our courier delivery options. Royal Mail Special Delivery will arrive by 1PM the next day and for an extra fee can be delivered on Saturdays. APC Overnight offers next day delivery with full tracking and a 2hr time slot pre-delivery text notification. DHL is a good option for larger consignments and remote locations such as Northern Ireland and Isle of Man. All high value orders are fully insured and will likely require a signature on delivery.
FREE shipping in the UK on orders over £99 (this is a signed for service and insured to a maximum of £40). Please note that the offer only applies to orders with a total weight under 1Kg and that a few products are exempt from the offer, such as LiPo batteries.
International Postage: We are based in the UK, but ship to most worldwide destinations. Postage rates are calculated by the weight and shipment location, the price is quoted during the checkout. Low value order can be sent by Air Mail, but are not insured. Higher value, heavy goods will be sent with DHL or an alternative courier. Orders shipped outside the EU may be subject to customs charges. These charges are additional to any delivery costs and will need to be paid by the recipient.
For our international customers who require a rapid delivery we off a DHL Express service. DHL Express offers NEXT DAY delivery to most European destinations and a very fast delivery for countries further afield, generally 2-3 days. For country specific estimated transit times, please refer this download.
We reserve the right to modify, remove or add to any of these services at any time. We endeavour to ship all items as fast as possible. If you would like an alternative shipping arrangement to be made please contact us.