We ship worldwide - Same day shipping on all orders placed before 4pm - FREE delivery on UK orders over £99 <1kg*
An auto antenna tracker is a must for long distance FPV/Video operation and ensures the maximum reception at all times by tracking the model as it flies in all directions and altitudes.
The Arkbird AAT greatly improves the transmission range by pointing a high gain directional panel antenna at your model wherever it goes. This allows you to greatly increase your range without having to ever aim your antenna. It does that for you! The tracker works by using an airborne module on your model, which embeds GPS coordinates information into the transmitted FPV video signal. This is then received and decoded by the ground station to determine the azimuth (heading) and then direct the antennas beam to ensure it remains locked onto your model. The great thing about using an antenna tracker is that you can operate a FPV transmitter at legal power levels and still get good range. While it's possible to get FPV video reception over several 100 meters when using an omni-directional antenna at 25mW, you could expect to increase this to several kilometers by using a high gain directional antenna.
This is the mini version for the Arkbird Auto Antenna Tracker. Aside from size, the most notable difference between the units is that the Mini ATT incorporates it's own 5.8GHz FPV receiver, where as with the full size ATT you have to provide a video receiver. Hence if you are using a frequency other than 5.8GHz or wish to use your own 5.8GHz Rx then use the full size ATT and not the Mini. The inetgrated Rx found in the Mini ATT makes the setup even easier as you only need to provide power (12V / 3S) and output the video to your screen or goggles using the cable provided. The airborne module is exactly the same and requires a GPS to work. If you are using one of the Arkbird GPS Autopilots you can share its GPS module with the AAT Airborne Module. If you aren't using one of the Arkbird autopilots you can purchase a plug and play M8N GPS module for it here. Prior your first flight or change of flying site, it is important to calibrate the tracker to ensure it is pointing directly at your model. To begin with do a short-range test flight and make sure the antenna is tracking your directly model. If the tracking is off, land and recalibrate the tracker.
We recommend mounting the Mini ATT to the back of your monitor using some Dual Lock SJ3551 Tape. Beware that the ground station has a built in magnetometer so keep it away from sources of magnetic interference.
- Inbuilt 40CH 5.8GHz FPV Receiver, works with 5.8GHz FPV systems
- Includes 12dBi Directional Antenna (RP-SMA)
- Greatly improves long distance transmission
- Plug and play setup
- Very compact, super portable
- Dynamic positioning can be achieved with additional GPS module
- USB interface for upgrades
- Does the Arkbird Mini AAT System only work with 5.8GHz Video Systems? Yes, the Arkbird Mini ATT will only work with 5.8GHz analogue video frequencies a it has a built in 5.8GHz video receiver.
- Can I use another Antenna? Yes, you can change to a different 5.8GHz antenna (RP-SMA), although we have found that the stock 12 dBi delivers good performance.
- Does the GPS information affect the video? No, it's invisible and the ground station decodes this information.
- Does the ATT require an Arkbird Autopilot to work? No, the ATT system just requires a GPS module connected to the Airborne Module, although you can use it with the Arkbird Autopilots.
- Does it work with any FPV camera? It must be used with an analogue FPV camera that is PAL (not NTSC).
- Please note - the AAT ground station has a built in magnetometer so keep it away from sources of magnetic interference.
- FPV system: Camera, Video Transmitter, Antennas - Omni-Directional for Model / High Gain Directional for Ground Station
- GPS Module for ATT Airborne system / or shared GPS module with Arkbird Autopilot 2.0.
- 12V Power Supply or 3S LiPo
- Arkbird AAT Airborne Module - the ATT Ground Station includes one airborne module. If you want to equip another FPV model with support for antenna tracking you can purchase an additional air module.
- Additional GPS Module - the ATT Ground Station can fix its home location from the GPS module connected to the airborne module, however if you wish to move the antenna tracker when in use, you'll need to connect to it a GPS module so that it knows its live home position.
- Mini AAT Ground Module with Double BiQuad Antenna
- AAT Airborne Module
- Connection cables
Sorry, we don't currently have any product related advice for this item. For general tips, tutorials and help please check out our Multirotor Beginner's Guide. Alternatively feel free to ask us a question.
All information relating to shipping and delivery is stated here. Should you not find what you are looking for, please contact us.
Shipping costs are calculated once items have been placed in your basket during checkout.
UK Postage: Here at Flying Tech we process orders Monday to Friday and pride ourselves on our quick turnaround of orders. If stocks levels allow, we aim to dispatch orders placed before 4PM the same day with Royal Mail. Our cut off time for courier delivery is earlier; orders must be placed by 2PM for next day delivery with DHL and 1PM for next day delivery with APC. A confirmation email will be sent when your order has been dispatched. If you wish to change your order, please contact us promptly, as we won't be able to make amendments once the order has been shipped.
We are partnered with several delivery companies including Royal Mail, DHL, APC and Parcel Force. If you have a special delivery requirement or would like to arrange a shop collection please contact us. For small low value orders our cheapest delivery service is Royal Mail First Class; this service aims to deliver the next working day including Saturdays and it can be sent recorded for extra peace of mind – please note this is not a guaranteed next day delivery or trackable service.
For a guaranteed next day delivery we recommend Royal Mail Special Delivery or one of our courier delivery options. Royal Mail Special Delivery will arrive by 1PM the next day and for an extra fee can be delivered on Saturdays. APC Overnight offers next day delivery with full tracking and a 2hr time slot pre-delivery text notification. DHL is a good option for larger consignments and remote locations such as Northern Ireland and Isle of Man. All high value orders are fully insured and will likely require a signature on delivery.
FREE shipping in the UK on orders over £99 (this is a signed for service and insured to a maximum of £40). Please note that the offer only applies to orders with a total weight under 1Kg and that a few products are exempt from the offer.
International Postage: We are based in the UK, but ship to most worldwide destinations. Postage rates are calculated by the weight and shipment location, the price is quoted during the checkout. Low value order can be sent by Air Mail, but are not insured. Higher value, heavy goods will be sent with DHL or an alternative courier. Orders shipped outside the EU may be subject to customs charges. These charges are additional to any delivery costs and will need to be paid by the recipient.
For our international customers who require a rapid delivery we off a DHL Express service. DHL Express offers NEXT DAY delivery to most European destinations and a very fast delivery for countries further afield, generally 2-3 days. For country specific estimated transit times, please refer this download.
We reserve the right to modify, remove or add to any of these services at any time. We endeavour to ship all items as fast as possible. If you would like an alternative shipping arrangement to be made please contact us.
Our Delivery Partners: