We ship worldwide - Same day shipping on all orders placed before 4pm - FREE delivery on UK orders over £99 <1kg*
Please note Seriously Pro Racing no longer manufacture this FC, so the version we sell is a ‘clone’ board.
The Seriously Pro Racing F3 Flight Controller (SPRacingF3) has been designed to deliver incredible flight performance based on proven and tested sensors while additionally providing unparalleled and I/O capabilities in a small and extremely lightweight form-factor using a next-generation CPU. The SP3 Controller is favoured amongst some of the top pilots for its performance, reliability and black box recordings.
The SP Racing F3 gives you all the features you need for the heart of your aircraft, whether you're into FPV racing, acrobatic flying or aerial photograp. It supports a variety of aircraft, tricopters, quadcopters, hexacopters, octocopters, planes and more.
The SP Racing F3 runs the open-source Cleanflight flight control (FC) software which has an ever-growing community of friendly developers and users.
- Acro: Standard model for racing/acro flying.
- Deluxe: Additional sensors for altitude and direction (includes barometer & compass sensors)
- Flight Performance: The SPRacingF3 builds on tried and tested software, processor and sensor technology to make your aircraft fly like it's on rails.
- No-Compromise I/O: Use all the features all the time; e.g. Connect your OSD + SmartPort + SBus + GPS + LED Strip + Battery Monitoring + Sonar + 8 motors - all at the same time!
- Configurable: The SPRacingF3 runs Cleanflight which can be configured to suit your needs using a cross-platform GUI (Windows/OSX/Linux).
- Tiny and lightweight: The SPRacingF3 has a standard 36x36mm form-factor with 30.5mm mounting holes and weighs just 6 grams.
- Flight Logging: On-board high-capacity black box flight log recorder - optimize your tuning and see the results of your setup without guesswork.
- Next-Generation CPU: The SPRacingF3 has an ARM Cortex-M4 72Mhz CPU with Math co-processor (FPU) for efficient flight calculations that gets more done in less time. Loop times up to ~2x as fast as previous-generation STM32F1 based boards.
- Developer Friendly: Developer friendly debugging port (SWD) and boot mode selection, unbrickable bootloader.
- OneShot ESC: Full support for OneShot ESCs for easy PID tuning and a sharper response.
- Broad RC receiver Support: Supports SBus, SumH, SumD, Spektrum1024/2048, XBus, PPM, PWM receivers. No external inverters required (built-in).
- Programmable LED: Dedicated output for programmable LEDs - great for orientation, racing and night flying.
- Battery Monitoring: Battery monitoring ports for voltage and current.
- Sonar: Sonar support for precision low-altitude hold.
- I2C Port: I2C port always powered, perfect for external sensors or always-on OLED Screen.
- Buzzer: Buzzer port for audible warnings and notifications
- Size: 36x36mm board with 30.5mm mounting holes
- Weight: ~6 grams
- Acro version is without Compass and Barometer Sensors
- MS5611 barometer (Deluxe only).
- HMC5883 magnetometer (Compass Sensor, Deluxe only)
- STM32F303 CPU, 72Mhz inc FPU
- High-Capacity Flash (Acro and Deluxe)
- MPU6050 accelerometer/gyro
- MicroUSB socket
- 2x 8pin JST-SH sockets (PPM, PWM, SERIAL RX, GPIO, ADC, 3V, 5V, GND)
- 8x 3pin though-holes for pin headers for ESC/Servo connections
- 2x 4pin though-holes for pin headers for 2x serial ports
- 1x 2pin though-holes for pin headers for battery voltage
- 1x 2pin though-holes for pin headers for buzzer
- 1x 4pin JST-SH socket for I2C
- 1x 4pin JST-SH socket for SWD debugging
What do I need to know about flight controllers? You should think of the flight controller (FC) as the brain of your multi rotor UAV. Its principal roll is to stabilised your craft, some more sophisticated flight controllers can also fly your drone autonomously. In order to keep the drone perfectly balanced the FC takes continuous measurements from the Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU). These are electronic sensor devices such as a gyro, accelerometer, compass or GPS that measures the velocity, orientation and gravitational forces of the multi rotor. Based on their signals and command inputs from the pilot, the FC processes the data using complex algorithms and makes adjustments to the speed of each rotor to keep the craft level. A multi rotor has four controllable degrees of freedom: Yaw, Roll, Pitch, and Altitude. Each degree of freedom can be controlled by adjusting the thrusts of each rotor. When it comes to selecting a FC, there is a lot of choice. Some of the notable ones are the KK, MultiWii, Ardupilot, Naza, Rabbit and WKM. Your choice of FC is mainly dependent on what you want and your budget. Advanced FCs generally have more features and sophisticated sensors like gyro, accelerometer, sonar, GPS, Magnetometer. Some flight controllers include the IMU and some don’t. Different FC will have different flying capabilities. The following list states the main ones.
- Gyro Stabilization - the ability to easily keep the multi rotor stable and level under the pilot’s control. This is a standard feature of all flight control boards.
- Self Leveling - the ability to let go of the pitch and roll stick on the transmitter and have the copter stay level.
- Care Free - The pilot can control the drone as if it is pointing in its original direction as the orientation of the copter changes.
- Altitude Hold - the ability to hover a certain distance from the ground without having to manually adjust the throttle.
- Position Hold - the ability to hover at a specific location.
- Return Home - the ability to automatically return to the point where the copter initially took off.
- Waypoint Navigation - the ability to set specific points on a map that copter will follow as part of a flight plan.
You should also consider the quality of the components, software package and importantly extent of support, both official and community based. Then there is the question of compatibility with peripheral accessories. The more advanced systems can communicate with a ground station via a telemetry link, allowing the pilot to program an autonomous flight and track progress remotely. Finally there is cost, prices range from £20 for some of the most basic FCs to over £1000 for the most sophisticated, such as the DJI Wooking.
All information relating to shipping and delivery is stated here. Should you not find what you are looking for, please contact us.
Shipping costs are calculated once items have been placed in your basket during checkout.
UK Postage: Here at Flying Tech we process orders Monday to Friday and pride ourselves on our quick turnaround of orders. If stocks levels allow, we aim to dispatch orders placed before 4PM the same day with Royal Mail. Our cut off time for courier delivery is earlier; orders must be placed by 1PM for next day delivery with DHL and 1PM for next day delivery with APC. A confirmation email will be sent when your order has been dispatched. If you wish to change your order, please contact us promptly, as we won't be able to make amendments once the order has been shipped.
We are partnered with several delivery companies including Royal Mail, DHL, APC and Parcel Force. If you have a special delivery requirement or would like to arrange a shop collection please contact us. For small low value orders our cheapest delivery service is Royal Mail First Class; this service aims to deliver the next working day including Saturdays and it can be sent recorded for extra peace of mind – please note this is not a guaranteed next day delivery or trackable service.
For a guaranteed next day delivery we recommend Royal Mail Special Delivery or one of our courier delivery options. Royal Mail Special Delivery will arrive by 1PM the next day and for an extra fee can be delivered on Saturdays. APC Overnight offers next day delivery with full tracking and a 2hr time slot pre-delivery text notification. DHL is a good option for larger consignments and remote locations such as Northern Ireland and Isle of Man. All high value orders are fully insured and will likely require a signature on delivery.
FREE shipping in the UK on orders over £99 (this is a signed for service and insured to a maximum of £40). Please note that the offer only applies to orders with a total weight under 1Kg (volumetric) and that a few products are exempt from the offer, such as LiPo batteries.
International Postage: We are based in the UK, but ship to most worldwide destinations. Postage rates are calculated by the weight and shipment location, the price is quoted during the checkout. Low value order can be sent by Air Mail, but are not insured. Higher value, heavy goods will be sent with DHL or an alternative courier. Orders shipped outside the UK may be subject to customs charges. These charges are additional to any delivery costs and will need to be paid by the recipient.
For our international customers who require a rapid delivery we off a DHL Express service. DHL Express offers NEXT DAY delivery to most European destinations* and a very fast delivery for countries further afield, generally 2-3 days. For country specific estimated transit times, please refer this download.
We reserve the right to modify, remove or add to any of these services at any time. We endeavour to ship all items as fast as possible. If you would like an alternative shipping arrangement to be made please contact us.
Our Delivery Partners:
*Next day delivery is not guaranteed, it's a delivery aim.