COVID-19 Update: Flying Tech is open and shipping daily, however our phone support is limited so please email us if possible. Please note shipment times may take longer than normal as postal services are operating with fewer staff.
Thanks to all of our customers for their support at this difficult time and stay safe.
We ship worldwide - Same day shipping on all orders placed before 1pm - FREE delivery on UK orders over £99 <1kg*
This multiprotocol module incorporates four RF chips into one transmitter module and supports pretty much all of the communication protocols used in the RC hobby. With it you can control everything from a single radio; from toy grade Syma models to FrSky racing drones or Spektrum BNF aircraft. A full list of compatible protocols can be found in the JP4IN1 Manual. The module fits JR Size module bays like those on FrSky and JR transmitters. The module has two working modes, Serial and PPM. Serial can be used by radios that support for OpenTX firmware and allow you to set the required protocol from the radio setup menus. PPM mode is for radios that don't run OpenTx, the protocol is set via the rotary switch on the back of the module - please note you will need to re-flash the module to use PPM mode.
Setup Serial Mode (Switch Position Zero - Default Mode):
The operation mode can be used by transmitters that operate with OpenTX 2.2.X, so all FrSky transmitters and other brands too. OpenTX 2.2.X has special support for the Multi-Protocol Module that allows the protocols to be easily selected from the transmitter SETUP menu or Companion.
- Install module into transmitter’s external module bay
- Ensure radio is flashed with OpenTX version 2.2.X (Firmware Download) (Flashing Guide)
- Serial mode is selected by placing the rotary switch to position 0 before powering on the radio.
- Set default Channel Order (Radio Setup Menu) to AETR
- In the Setup Menu, disable Internal RF “OFF” and Enable External RF
- For the External RF Mode select “Multi” then select the required Protocol to match your model
- Enable Auto Bind for supported models
- For more information, please refer here
Setup & Binding in PPM Mode (Manual Protocol Selection):
This operation mode is for transmitters that don't support OpenTx firmware.
- First the module needs to be re-flashed with the PPM firmware. Download the PPM firmware & Flash Multi Software - instructions on how to update the module here.
- Turn the rotary dial on the module to position 15.
- Install module into transmitter’s external module bay and enable the PPM output to the bay if required.
- Consult the PPM Protocol grouping list to find your required protocol - make a note of the group and protocol number. There are five PPM groups, each containing 14 protocols. The flashing sequence of the red LED on the module relates to the PPM group. A single flash indicates group one, a double flash group two, three flashes group three and so on. Press the bind button to cycle between the PPM groups.
- When the group selection is correct, turn off the radio.
- Use the dial to select the required protocol prior to turning the radio back on. For example Spektrum DSMX (11ms) is PPM Group 2, Switch Position 1.
- Put your receiver into bind mode and hold the bind button on the module while turning the radio back on. Continue to hold the bind button until bound. It should take no more than 15 seconds.
- Working voltage: 6-9v
- Working current: <=100ma
- Operating frequency: 2.4G ISM band
- RF power: +22DBM
- Main control chip: STM32F103CBT6 (128K ROM, 20K RAM)
- Module bay compatibility: FRSky, Jr and other dimensions: 64x49x33 (without antenna)
- Net Weight: 42g (including antenna)
- Software Compatibility: Suitable for radios using OpenTX or er9x/ersky9x
- Firmware updatable: Yes, via USB.
Sorry, we don't currently have any product related advice for this item. For general tips, tutorials and help please check out our Multirotor Beginner's Guide. Alternatively feel free to ask us a question.
COVID-19: We are still shipping out orders daily, but have changed our same day shipping cut-off time to 1PM to help cope with demand. If an order is placed after 1PM we will still do our best to ship same day as our daily postal collection is around 4:15.
Please be aware that deliveries with Royal Mail are taking longer to get through. At the moment we are finding it can range from next day to even up to two weeks, with 3-5 days being typical. So if you choose Royal Mail as a shipping method please be patient, shipments aren’t going missing they are just taking a while to get through the postal service. For fast deliveries we recommend choosing DHL.
All information relating to shipping and delivery is stated here. Should you not find what you are looking for, please contact us.
Shipping costs are calculated once items have been placed in your basket during checkout.
UK Postage: Here at Flying Tech we process orders Monday to Friday and pride ourselves on our quick turnaround of orders. If stocks levels allow, we aim to dispatch orders placed before 4PM the same day with Royal Mail. Our cut off time for courier delivery is earlier; orders must be placed by 1PM for next day delivery with DHL and 1PM for next day delivery with APC. A confirmation email will be sent when your order has been dispatched. If you wish to change your order, please contact us promptly, as we won't be able to make amendments once the order has been shipped.
We are partnered with several delivery companies including Royal Mail, DHL, APC and Parcel Force. If you have a special delivery requirement or would like to arrange a shop collection please contact us. For small low value orders our cheapest delivery service is Royal Mail First Class; this service aims to deliver the next working day including Saturdays and it can be sent recorded for extra peace of mind – please note this is not a guaranteed next day delivery or trackable service.
For a guaranteed next day delivery we recommend Royal Mail Special Delivery or one of our courier delivery options. Royal Mail Special Delivery will arrive by 1PM the next day and for an extra fee can be delivered on Saturdays. APC Overnight offers next day delivery with full tracking and a 2hr time slot pre-delivery text notification. DHL is a good option for larger consignments and remote locations such as Northern Ireland and Isle of Man. All high value orders are fully insured and will likely require a signature on delivery.
FREE shipping in the UK on orders over £99 (this is a signed for service and insured to a maximum of £40). Please note that the offer only applies to orders with a total weight under 1Kg and that a few products are exempt from the offer, such as LiPo batteries.
International Postage: We are based in the UK, but ship to most worldwide destinations. Postage rates are calculated by the weight and shipment location, the price is quoted during the checkout. Low value order can be sent by Air Mail, but are not insured. Higher value, heavy goods will be sent with DHL or an alternative courier. Orders shipped outside the EU may be subject to customs charges. These charges are additional to any delivery costs and will need to be paid by the recipient.
For our international customers who require a rapid delivery we off a DHL Express service. DHL Express offers NEXT DAY delivery to most European destinations and a very fast delivery for countries further afield, generally 2-3 days. For country specific estimated transit times, please refer this download.
We reserve the right to modify, remove or add to any of these services at any time. We endeavour to ship all items as fast as possible. If you would like an alternative shipping arrangement to be made please contact us.