We ship worldwide - Same day shipping on all orders placed before 1pm - FREE delivery on UK orders over £99 <1kg*
FLIGHT CONTROLLER F405-CTR
The F405-CTR is the new and improved version of Matek’s first all-in-one FC, the F405-AIO. On the face of it not a lot looks to have changed, but that’s because this board has been refined with subtle changes that add up to make a big difference.
With the old AIO, some criticized the gyro (IMU20602) for being too sensitive, resulting in yaw twitches despites efforts to reduce noise by soft-mounting. The CTR now uses the MPU600 gyro, which is a proven option and favoured by many flight controller designers for its robustness against noise.
A new welcome addition to the F405-CTR is the barometer, or baro (BMP280) - a sensor that can be used to estimate altitude. Coupled with a GPS module and running iNav, you’ll be able to access new flight modes and anonymous flying for quads and wings.
The 7mm soft mounts used by the old AIO have been replaced by integrated silicone grommets, which allow the FC to be stacked lower by about 4mm, making for an even neater stack.
Other changes include, a more reliable 5V BEC, dedicated ESC RX5 pads for ESC telemetry, a DAC connection for FPV camera control, an extra UART port and I2C port for external sensors.
The CTR retains all of the great features of the original AIO, including, the same powerful F4 MCU, SD card slot for black box recording, BetaFlight OSD, current sensing, compact PDB and support for PWM, Oneshot, Multishot and Dshot.
- Fully integrated flight controller
- 6 axis 8Khz MPU6000 gyro
- F4 MCU
- Built-in barometer
- Betaflight OSD
- 6 x PWM/Dshot outputs
- 5 UART's
- I2C & DAC Pads
- Side press button for BOOT (DFU) mode
- MicroSD for blackbox logging
- Bec (5v@2A)
- Built in PDB (4 x 30A/Max 4 x 46A)
- 184A current sensor
- 6-30V Input Voltage
- Smartaudio & Tramp VTX protocol supported
Note: Please always test the board first using usb connection as returns cannot be accepted once the FC as been soldered.
Drivers & Softwares
- inav_1.8.0_MATEKF405 1.8.0 listed in INAV configurator doesn’t support CTR, pls download this
- inav_1.9.0_MATEKF405-RC1 INAV official release
- inav_1.9.0_MATEKF405-Softserial Customized firmware. Softserial1_TX on TX4 pad for Frsky Smartport
- CLI “defaults” after reflashing
- S5 (PA15) or TX2 (PA2) can be resourced to softserial for Frsky SmartPort
- 2812LED_Strip share I2C1_SCL pad as default. either enable LED_Strip, or enable Baro.
- 2812LED can be resourced to S5 (PA15) if using Baro the same time with BF firmware
- Put a piece of sponge on the barometer to reduce the impact of airflow.
- Target: MATEKF405
- MCU: 168MHz STM32F405
- IMU: MPU6000 accelerometer/gyro (SPI)
- Baro: BMP280 (I2C)
- OSD: BetaFlight OSD w/ AT7456E chip
- Blackbox: MicroSD card slot (SD/SDHC)
- VCP, UART1, UART2, UART3, UART4, UART5
- Built in inverter for SBUS input (UART2-RX)
- PPM/UART Shared: UART2-RX
- SoftSerial on TX2, S5 or S6 optional
- Camera control on S6 or DAC optional
- Smartaudio & Tramp VTX protocol supported
- WS2812 Led Strip: Yes
- Beeper: Yes
- RSSI: Yes
* If Gyro 32kHz & PID loop 16kHz, Blackbox logging rate 1kHz Max.
- Input: 9~27V (3~6S LiPo) w/TVS protection
- PDB: 4x30A (Max.4x50A), 6 layers*2oz copper PCB
- BEC: 5V/2A (Max. 3A)
- LDO 3.3V: Max.300mA for Spektrum RX
- Current Sensor 200A (Scale 165)
- Battery Voltage Sensor: 1:10 (Scale 110)
- 3x LEDs for FC STATUS (Blue, Red) and 3.3V indicator(Red)
- 6x PWM / DShot outputs without conflict
- 5x UARTs
- 1x Group of G/S1/S2/S3/S4 pads for 4in1 ESC Signal/GND
- 4x pairs of corner pads for ESC Signal/GND connections (DSHOT compatible)
- 1x pair I2C1 pads
- 1x Side-press button for BOOT(DFU) mode
- Size: 36x46mm PCB with 30.5mm mounting holes
- Weight: 10g
- 1x Matek Systems BetaFlight F405-CTR
- 4x Rubycon ZLH 35V/470uF (Low ESR)
- 6x silicon grommets M4 to M3
- 1x FR4 PCB Plate
Sorry, we don't currently have any product related advice for this item. For general tips, tutorials and help please check out our Multirotor Beginner's Guide. Alternatively feel free to ask us a question.
COVID-19: We are still shipping out orders daily, but have changed our same day shipping cut-off time to 1PM to help cope with demand. If an order is placed after 1PM we will still do our best to ship same day as our daily postal collection is around 4:15.
Please be aware that deliveries with Royal Mail are taking longer to get through. At the moment we are finding it can range from next day to even up to two weeks, with 3-5 days being typical. So if you choose Royal Mail as a shipping method please be patient, shipments aren’t going missing they are just taking a while to get through the postal service. For fast deliveries we recommend choosing DHL.
All information relating to shipping and delivery is stated here. Should you not find what you are looking for, please contact us.
Shipping costs are calculated once items have been placed in your basket during checkout.
UK Postage: Here at Flying Tech we process orders Monday to Friday and pride ourselves on our quick turnaround of orders. If stocks levels allow, we aim to dispatch orders placed before 4PM the same day with Royal Mail. Our cut off time for courier delivery is earlier; orders must be placed by 1PM for next day delivery with DHL and 1PM for next day delivery with APC. A confirmation email will be sent when your order has been dispatched. If you wish to change your order, please contact us promptly, as we won't be able to make amendments once the order has been shipped.
We are partnered with several delivery companies including Royal Mail, DHL, APC and Parcel Force. If you have a special delivery requirement or would like to arrange a shop collection please contact us. For small low value orders our cheapest delivery service is Royal Mail First Class; this service aims to deliver the next working day including Saturdays and it can be sent recorded for extra peace of mind – please note this is not a guaranteed next day delivery or trackable service.
For a guaranteed next day delivery we recommend Royal Mail Special Delivery or one of our courier delivery options. Royal Mail Special Delivery will arrive by 1PM the next day and for an extra fee can be delivered on Saturdays. APC Overnight offers next day delivery with full tracking and a 2hr time slot pre-delivery text notification. DHL is a good option for larger consignments and remote locations such as Northern Ireland and Isle of Man. All high value orders are fully insured and will likely require a signature on delivery.
FREE shipping in the UK on orders over £99 (this is a signed for service and insured to a maximum of £40). Please note that the offer only applies to orders with a total weight under 1Kg and that a few products are exempt from the offer, such as LiPo batteries.
International Postage: We are based in the UK, but ship to most worldwide destinations. Postage rates are calculated by the weight and shipment location, the price is quoted during the checkout. Low value order can be sent by Air Mail, but are not insured. Higher value, heavy goods will be sent with DHL or an alternative courier. Orders shipped outside the UK may be subject to customs charges. These charges are additional to any delivery costs and will need to be paid by the recipient.
For our international customers who require a rapid delivery we off a DHL Express service. DHL Express offers NEXT DAY delivery to most European destinations and a very fast delivery for countries further afield, generally 2-3 days. For country specific estimated transit times, please refer this download.
We reserve the right to modify, remove or add to any of these services at any time. We endeavour to ship all items as fast as possible. If you would like an alternative shipping arrangement to be made please contact us.