We ship worldwide - Same day shipping on all orders placed before 4pm - FREE delivery on UK orders over £99 <1kg*
The Pixhawk® 5X is the latest update to the successful family of Pixhawk® flight controllers, based on the Pixhawk® FMUv5X Open Standard and the Pixhawk® Autopilot Bus Standard. It comes with the latest PX4 Autopilot® pre-installed, triple redundancy, temperature-controlled, isolated sensor domain, delivering incredible performance and reliability.
Inside the Pixhawk® 5X, you can find an STMicroelectronics® based STM32F7, paired with sensor technology from Bosch®, InvenSense®, giving you flexibility and reliability for controlling any autonomous vehicle, suitable for both academic and commercial applications. The Pixhawk® 5X’s F7 microcontroller has 2MB flash memory and 512KB RAM. The PX4 Autopilot takes advantage of the increased power and RAM. Thanks to the updated processing power, developers can be more productive and efficient with their development work, allowing for complex algorithms and models.
The FMUv5X open standard includes high-performance, low-noise IMUs on board, designed for better stabilization. Triple redundant IMU & double redundant barometer on separate buses. When the PX4 Autopilot detects a sensor failure, the system seamlessly switches to another to maintain flight control reliability.
An independent LDO powers every sensor set with independent power control. A newly designed vibration isolations to filter out high-frequency vibration and reduce noise to ensure accurate readings, allowing vehicles to reach better overall flight performances. External sensor bus (SPI5) has two chip select lines and data-ready signals for additional sensors and payload with SPI-interface, and with an integrated Microchip Ethernet PHY (LAN8742AI-CZ-TR), high-speed communication with mission computers via ethernet is now supported. Two smart battery monitoring ports (SMBus), support for INA226 SMBus Power module.
The Pixhawk® 5X is perfect for developers at corporate research labs, startups, academics (research, professors, students), and commercial application.
Key Design Points:
- Modular flight controller: Separated IMU, FMU, and Base system connected by a 100-pin & a 50-pin Pixhawk® Autopilot Bus connector, designed for flexible and customizable system
- Redundancy: 3x IMU sensors & 2x Barometer sensors on separate buses, allowing parallel and continuous operation even in the event of a hardware failur
- Triple redundancy domains
- Completely isolated sensor domains with separate buses and separate power control
- Temperature-controlled IMUs: Onboard IMU heating resistors, allowing optimum working temperature of IMUs
- Vibration isolation system: Newly designed system to filter out high frequency vibration and reduce noise to ensure accurate readings
- Ethernet interface For high-speed mission computer integration
- Automated sensor calibration eliminating varying signals and temperature
- Two smart batteries monitoring on SMBus
- Additional GPIO line and 5V for the external NFC reader
- Secure element for secure authentication of the drone (SE050)
- FMU Processor: STM32F765
- 32 Bit Arm® Cortex®-M7, 216MHz, 2MB memory, 512KB RAM
- IO Processor: STM32F100
- 32 Bit Arm® Cortex®-M3, 24MHz, 8KB SRAM
- On-board sensors
- Accel/Gyro: ICM-20649
- Accel/Gyro: ICM-42688P
- Accel/Gyro: ICM-20602
- Mag: BMM150
- Barometer: 2x BMP388
- Voltage Ratings:
- Max input voltage: 6V
- USB Power Input: 4.75~5.25V
- Servo Rail Input: 0~36V
- Flight Controller Module: 38.8 x 31.8 x 14.6mm
- Standard Baseboard: 52.4 x 103.4 x 16.7mm
- Flight Controller Module: 23g
- Standard Baseboard: 51g
- 16 PWM servo outputs
- R/C input for Spektrum / DSM
- Dedicated R/C input for PPM and S.Bus input
- Dedicated analog / PWM RSSI input and S.Bus output
- 4 general purpose serial ports
- 3 with full flow control
- 1 with separate 1A current limit
- 1 with I2C and additional GPIO line for external NFC reader
- 2 GPS ports
- 1 full GPS plus Safety Switch Port
- 1 basic GPS port
- 1 I2C port
- 1 Ethernet port
- Transformerless Applications
- 1 SPI bus
- 2 chip select lines
- 2 data-ready lines
- 1 SPI SYNC line
- 1 SPI reset line
- 2 CAN Buses for CAN peripheral
- CAN Bus has individual silent controls or ESC RX-MUX control
- 2 Power input ports with SMBus
- 1 AD & IO port
- 2 additional analog input
- 1 PWM/Capture input
- 2 Dedicated debug and GPIO lines
Sorry, we don't currently have any product related advice for this item. For general tips, tutorials and help please check out our Multirotor Beginner's Guide. Alternatively feel free to ask us a question.
All information relating to shipping and delivery is stated here. Should you not find what you are looking for, please contact us.
Shipping costs are calculated once items have been placed in your basket during checkout.
UK Postage: Here at Flying Tech we process orders Monday to Friday and pride ourselves on our quick turnaround of orders. If stocks levels allow, we aim to dispatch orders placed before 4PM the same day with Royal Mail. Our cut off time for courier delivery is earlier; orders must be placed by 1PM for next day delivery with DHL and 1PM for next day delivery with APC. A confirmation email will be sent when your order has been dispatched. If you wish to change your order, please contact us promptly, as we won't be able to make amendments once the order has been shipped.
We are partnered with several delivery companies including Royal Mail, DHL, APC and Parcel Force. If you have a special delivery requirement or would like to arrange a shop collection please contact us. For small low value orders our cheapest delivery service is Royal Mail First Class; this service aims to deliver the next working day including Saturdays and it can be sent recorded for extra peace of mind – please note this is not a guaranteed next day delivery or trackable service.
For a guaranteed next day delivery we recommend Royal Mail Special Delivery or one of our courier delivery options. Royal Mail Special Delivery will arrive by 1PM the next day and for an extra fee can be delivered on Saturdays. APC Overnight offers next day delivery with full tracking and a 2hr time slot pre-delivery text notification. DHL is a good option for larger consignments and remote locations such as Northern Ireland and Isle of Man. All high value orders are fully insured and will likely require a signature on delivery.
FREE shipping in the UK on orders over £99 (this is a signed for service and insured to a maximum of £40). Please note that the offer only applies to orders with a total weight under 1Kg and that a few products are exempt from the offer, such as LiPo batteries.
International Postage: We are based in the UK, but ship to most worldwide destinations. Postage rates are calculated by the weight and shipment location, the price is quoted during the checkout. Low value order can be sent by Air Mail, but are not insured. Higher value, heavy goods will be sent with DHL or an alternative courier. Orders shipped outside the UK may be subject to customs charges. These charges are additional to any delivery costs and will need to be paid by the recipient.
For our international customers who require a rapid delivery we off a DHL Express service. DHL Express offers NEXT DAY delivery to most European destinations* and a very fast delivery for countries further afield, generally 2-3 days. For country specific estimated transit times, please refer this download.
We reserve the right to modify, remove or add to any of these services at any time. We endeavour to ship all items as fast as possible. If you would like an alternative shipping arrangement to be made please contact us.
Our Delivery Partners:
*Next day delivery is not guaranteed, it's a delivery aim.