We ship worldwide - Same day shipping on all orders placed before 1pm - FREE delivery on UK orders over £99 <1kg*
The Holybro Kakute F4 V2.3 is the next generation of this popular flight controller. This latest update (V2.3), brings support for the DJI FPV system. The FC can be connected directly to the DJI Air Unit without any soldering (or to the Caddx Vista soldering required), for a neat and simple installation. Not only does the HDV FC provides stable power to the DJI Air Unit, it also sends flight information for display in the DJI FPV goggles.
At the heart of this flight controller is the powerful F4 STM32F405RGT6 32-bit processor for extra processing speed and the low noise MPU6000 (SPI) IMU gyro/accelerometer which outputs sensor readings at 32Khz. There is an onboard blackbox with 128MB Dataflash chip for all your data logging needs and a barometer sensor to unlock altitude hold mode. Input voltage is 7V to 42V which allows the board to be powered directly from a 6S battery pack. The FC also has a filtered voltage output of 5V 1A and 3.3V 200mA to power peripherals such as GPS, RX, FPV camera or LED strips. There is also a regulator that outputs 9V for the DJI VTX.
The FC supports Betaflight (pre-loaded)/ Cleanflight and it has dedicated bootloader button which makes firmware flashing a breeze. It also supports BLHeli pass through for easy ESC upgrade and configuration. The OSD interface is highly customizable and can be setup and fine tuned to your personal requirements.
The latest version of the Kakute F4 with support for DJI FPV, BetaFlight OSD, barometer and blackbox is one of the best low profile flight controllers available today for your racing drone.
New V2.3 Features:
- Plug and play connection with the DJI Air Unit / compatible with the Caddx Vista Air Unit
- Two extra UART Ports
- UART4 port to for serial camera like the runcam split. (This is not the same as Betaflight Camera Control, which runs of the OSD menu for cameras like the swift, monster).
- UART5 port for ESC telemetry support (for BLheli32 and KISS)
- Through-hole solder pads instead of flat pads for more secure soldering especially for beginners.
- Barometer sensor on board allows altitude hold mode.
- Dedicated I2C pads to connect extra peripherals (like an external compass)
- STM32F405RGT6 32-bit processor
- Supports Betaflight and Cleanflight
- High-performance / low-noise IMU. MPU6000 with 6-axis gyro and accelerometer.
- 128MB Dataflash chip for Blackbox logging
- Betaflight OSD. Change PIDs, adjust common configuration parameters, and change video transmitter channel and power level, all using your transmitter sticks and goggles
- Ready for autonomous flight: Integrated BMP280 barometer and SCL/SDA for use with external GPS/magnetometer units.
- Dedicated bootloader button for easy firmware flashing
- Separate USB VCP driver
- Micro USB connector for programming
- Input voltage 7v to 42v. Power the board directly from the flight pack, up to 6S (on “B+” pad only)
- Automatic voltage monitoring. No need to run a separate vBat wire for voltage monitoring; the Kakute F4 V2 monitors voltage directly from the battery power lead
- On-board regulators output 5v at up to 1.0 amps and 3.3v at up to 200 mA to power peripherals such as receiver, video transmitter, FPV camera, or LED strip
- On-board regulators output 9v at up to 2A to power DJI VTX
- 6 PIN JST GH connector for DJI VTX
- 2 Additional PWM output, can be used for Camera control , motor5 or motor6 after resourced.
- Supports BLHeli pass-through for easy ESC upgrade and configuration
- Low-profile design fits into even very compact frames
- MCU: STM32F405RGT6 32-bit processor
- IMU: MPU6000 (SPI)
- Barometer: BMP280
- USB VCP Driver: Separate from UART's, usable simultaneously with all UART's
- UART's: 5 (UART 1, 3, 4, 5, 6)
- Receivers: Supports SBUS, iBus, Spektrum, Crossfire only, PPM and PWM receivers are not supported
- Logging: 128 Mbit Dataflash chip for Blackbox logging
- Dimensions: 36.8×36.8x8mm
- Mounting Holes: 30.5 x 30.5mm
- Weight: 7.4g
- 1x Flight controller board
- M3 Anti-Vibration Silicone Grommet Insert x4
- JST SH 8pin 150mm cable x1
- JST GHR 8pin to JST GHR 6pin 80mm cable x1
- JST GHR 8pin to JST GHR 6pin 150mm cable x1
Sorry, we don't currently have any product related advice for this item. For general tips, tutorials and help please check out our Multirotor Beginner's Guide. Alternatively feel free to ask us a question.
COVID-19: We are still shipping out orders daily, but have changed our same day shipping cut-off time to 1PM to help cope with demand. If an order is placed after 1PM we will still do our best to ship same day as our daily postal collection is around 4:15.
Please be aware that deliveries with Royal Mail are taking longer to get through. At the moment we are finding it can range from next day to even up to two weeks, with 3-5 days being typical. So if you choose Royal Mail as a shipping method please be patient, shipments aren’t going missing they are just taking a while to get through the postal service. For fast deliveries we recommend choosing DHL.
All information relating to shipping and delivery is stated here. Should you not find what you are looking for, please contact us.
Shipping costs are calculated once items have been placed in your basket during checkout.
UK Postage: Here at Flying Tech we process orders Monday to Friday and pride ourselves on our quick turnaround of orders. If stocks levels allow, we aim to dispatch orders placed before 4PM the same day with Royal Mail. Our cut off time for courier delivery is earlier; orders must be placed by 1PM for next day delivery with DHL and 1PM for next day delivery with APC. A confirmation email will be sent when your order has been dispatched. If you wish to change your order, please contact us promptly, as we won't be able to make amendments once the order has been shipped.
We are partnered with several delivery companies including Royal Mail, DHL, APC and Parcel Force. If you have a special delivery requirement or would like to arrange a shop collection please contact us. For small low value orders our cheapest delivery service is Royal Mail First Class; this service aims to deliver the next working day including Saturdays and it can be sent recorded for extra peace of mind – please note this is not a guaranteed next day delivery or trackable service.
For a guaranteed next day delivery we recommend Royal Mail Special Delivery or one of our courier delivery options. Royal Mail Special Delivery will arrive by 1PM the next day and for an extra fee can be delivered on Saturdays. APC Overnight offers next day delivery with full tracking and a 2hr time slot pre-delivery text notification. DHL is a good option for larger consignments and remote locations such as Northern Ireland and Isle of Man. All high value orders are fully insured and will likely require a signature on delivery.
FREE shipping in the UK on orders over £99 (this is a signed for service and insured to a maximum of £40). Please note that the offer only applies to orders with a total weight under 1Kg and that a few products are exempt from the offer, such as LiPo batteries.
International Postage: We are based in the UK, but ship to most worldwide destinations. Postage rates are calculated by the weight and shipment location, the price is quoted during the checkout. Low value order can be sent by Air Mail, but are not insured. Higher value, heavy goods will be sent with DHL or an alternative courier. Orders shipped outside the UK may be subject to customs charges. These charges are additional to any delivery costs and will need to be paid by the recipient.
For our international customers who require a rapid delivery we off a DHL Express service. DHL Express offers NEXT DAY delivery to most European destinations and a very fast delivery for countries further afield, generally 2-3 days. For country specific estimated transit times, please refer this download.
We reserve the right to modify, remove or add to any of these services at any time. We endeavour to ship all items as fast as possible. If you would like an alternative shipping arrangement to be made please contact us.