We ship worldwide - Same day shipping on all orders placed before 4pm - FREE delivery on UK orders over £99 <1kg*
Now selling the latest edition: Changes made to RADIX 2 Revision 1.2 Released in 2022:
- Improved barometer: Omron 2SMPB-02B
- TVS diode (“spike protector”) to protect 5 V regulator from voltage spikes
- Removed VTX pit switch over-current protection. Pit switch can supply up to 1.5 A
The RADIX 2 is the latest generation flight controller by BrainFPV. It is the successor of the legendary RADIX flight controller and everything has been vastly improved. From a blazing fast H7 processor running at 480 MHz, an improved graphical OSD, a built-in voltage regulator that can handle up to 8S (35 V), to 8 motor outputs, driverless flashing, and more.
BrainFPV is famous for bringing the BEST documentation and a unique Bosch gyro. The Radix 2 is now using a NEW Bosch Sensortec BMI270 Gyro. They have also upgraded to a NEW Bosch Sensortec BMP388 barometer.
BrainFPV is also known for the first Graphical OSD system with custom pilot logos and start screens and this has been improved even more with Radix 2.
The RADIX 2 is designed to be compatible with any 4-in-1 motor controller (ESC) on the market. For octocopters, you can use the included 5-pin cable to connect a second 4-in-1 ESC for motors 5 to 8. All outputs fully support bi-directional DSHOT that enables the motor controllers to send back real-time telemetry that is used by the flight controller to perform adaptive RPM based noise filtering.
If you prefer to use a separate ESC for each motor, the companion product, the RADIX 2 Power Board (PB) got you covered. It is designed for serious power and can handle up to 8S (35 V) battery voltage and 160 A constant current (220 A burst). It also features an LC filter and voltage regulator for clean power to the flight controller and connected peripherals.
About the Company BrainFPV:
Based in Portland, Oregon, BrainFPV specializes in flight controllers that are fully integrated, easy-to-use and work flawlessly, providing FPV (First Person View) drone pilots the smoothest ultimate flight experience. You can just SEE the love, passion, and craftsmanship that goes into designing our products, from start to finish.
RADIX 2 Flight Controller Features
- New Processor: STM32 H7 processor running at 480 MHz with 1 MB RAM
- New Gyro: New Bosch Sensortec BMI270 gyro / accelerometer delivering superior flight performance
- New Baro: Latest generation Bosch Sensortec BMP388 barometer accurate altitude readings
- Better OSD: Improved full graphical on-screen-display (OSD) with gray levels and transparency
- Dual camera input: Camera can be switched using a switch on the RC transmitter
- VTX pit switch: to turn on/off the video transmitter. Voltage for VTX can be 5 V or the battery voltage. Switch has an integrated high-speed resettable fuse to prevent damage due to accidental shorts
- 32 MByte built-in flash memory: 30 MByte available for logging and settings storage
- Driverless flashing with the BrainFPV USB mass storage bootloader. Simply copy the firmware file to the flight controller when connected to your computer. No more messing with DFU drivers
- RGB status LED with customizable color
- 8 motor outputs: all supporting bi-directional DSHOT for RPM filtering. All outputs are available on connectors for easy connection of one or two 4-in-1 motor controllers (ESC’s).
- 6 serial ports (UARTs): all with integrated inverters for S-BUS and other inverted protocols
- I2C port for external sensors
- RGB LED output
- Buzzer output
- Camera control output for configuring analog cameras
- Analog RSSI input
- 5 V regulator with 1.5 A output and up to 8S (35 V) input voltage
- USB Type-C connector
- Size: 37 x 37 mm (30.5 mm hole spacing)
- Weight: 7g
- Firmware support: Betaflight, iNav planned
To learn how to use the RADIX 2, check out the manual.
- RADIX 2 flight controller
- Sweet stickers
- Silicone anti-vibration grommets 4x
- 5-pin cable for motor outputs 5 to 8
- BrainFPV 4-in-1 ESC cable kit (cables and connectors to make a cable that works with any 4-in-1 ESC with a JST-SH 7 pin, 8 pin, or 10 pin connector)
Sorry, we don't currently have any product related advice for this item. For general tips, tutorials and help please check out our Multirotor Beginner's Guide. Alternatively feel free to ask us a question.
All information relating to shipping and delivery is stated here. Should you not find what you are looking for, please contact us.
Shipping costs are calculated once items have been placed in your basket during checkout.
UK Postage: Here at Flying Tech we process orders Monday to Friday and pride ourselves on our quick turnaround of orders. If stocks levels allow, we aim to dispatch orders placed before 4PM the same day with Royal Mail. Our cut off time for courier delivery is earlier; orders must be placed by 1PM for next day delivery with DHL and 1PM for next day delivery with APC. A confirmation email will be sent when your order has been dispatched. If you wish to change your order, please contact us promptly, as we won't be able to make amendments once the order has been shipped.
We are partnered with several delivery companies including Royal Mail, DHL, APC and Parcel Force. If you have a special delivery requirement or would like to arrange a shop collection please contact us. For small low value orders our cheapest delivery service is Royal Mail First Class; this service aims to deliver the next working day including Saturdays and it can be sent recorded for extra peace of mind – please note this is not a guaranteed next day delivery or trackable service.
For a guaranteed next day delivery we recommend Royal Mail Special Delivery or one of our courier delivery options. Royal Mail Special Delivery will arrive by 1PM the next day and for an extra fee can be delivered on Saturdays. APC Overnight offers next day delivery with full tracking and a 2hr time slot pre-delivery text notification. DHL is a good option for larger consignments and remote locations such as Northern Ireland and Isle of Man. All high value orders are fully insured and will likely require a signature on delivery.
FREE shipping in the UK on orders over £99 (this is a signed for service and insured to a maximum of £40). Please note that the offer only applies to orders with a total weight under 1Kg and that a few products are exempt from the offer, such as LiPo batteries.
International Postage: We are based in the UK, but ship to most worldwide destinations. Postage rates are calculated by the weight and shipment location, the price is quoted during the checkout. Low value order can be sent by Air Mail, but are not insured. Higher value, heavy goods will be sent with DHL or an alternative courier. Orders shipped outside the UK may be subject to customs charges. These charges are additional to any delivery costs and will need to be paid by the recipient.
For our international customers who require a rapid delivery we off a DHL Express service. DHL Express offers NEXT DAY delivery to most European destinations* and a very fast delivery for countries further afield, generally 2-3 days. For country specific estimated transit times, please refer this download.
We reserve the right to modify, remove or add to any of these services at any time. We endeavour to ship all items as fast as possible. If you would like an alternative shipping arrangement to be made please contact us.
Our Delivery Partners:
*Next day delivery is not guaranteed, it's a delivery aim.