COVID-19 Update: Flying Tech is open and operating as usual - shipping daily. Please note shipment times may take longer than normal as postal services are operating with fewer staff. Thanks to all of our customers for their support and stay safe.
We ship worldwide - Same day shipping on all orders placed before 4pm - FREE delivery on UK orders over £99 <1kg*
This Analog Airspeed sensor is a perfect match for our APM 2.8 Flight Controller, giving you telemetry feedback and a more accurate way for the flight controller to determine airspeed, over just relying on GPS calculated ground speed.
The kit makes use of the MPXV7002 Differential Pressure Sensor, which is designed to measure positive and negative pressure. In addition, with an offset specifically at 2.5V instead of the conventional 0V, this new series allows can measure pressure up to 7kPa through each port for pressure sensing or vacuum sensing.
Included with the sensor is a differential pressure pitot tube and silicone hose. For accurate airspeed measurements, ensure that the pitot tube is located in clean airflow, well away from propeller wash and exhaust.
APM Setup Instructions here.
It's also possible to use this sensor for iNav FCs, instructions here.
- Low pass filtered
- Temperature compensated 10° to 60°C
- -2 to 2 kPa (-0.3 to 0.3 psi).
- 0.5 to 4.5V Output
- The kit includes a differential pitot tube that replaces the need for two separate probes. The pitot tube's inner tube that measures the dynamic pressure, and the outer section measures the static pressure.
- If you are using Plane in an aircraft with the propeller in the nose, the pitot tube must be mounted out on one wing, at least a foot from the fuselage to be outside the prop flow.
- The airspeed sensor reading is automatically zeroed by the APM during initialisation, so it is good practice during windy conditions to place a loose fitting cover over the pitot tube that shields the front hole and the four small side holes from the wind. This cover should be fitted prior to power on and removed before flight.
- You can check the airspeed reading with Mission Planner or another ground station. Just blow on the pitot tube and observe the response. In still air oscillation between zero and small values (2-3) is normal. The airspeed varies with the square root of the pressure, so for differential pressures near zero it varies quite a bit with very small pressure changes, while at flying speeds it takes much greater pressure changes to produce a similar change in speed. If you see mostly 0, 1, 2, with an occasional bounce to 3 or 4, consider it normal. You will not see that sort of variability at flying speeds.
- 1x MPXV7002DP Differential Pressure Sensor
- 1x Pitot Tube (active and static)
- Silicon Tube
Sorry, we don't currently have any product related advice for this item. For general tips, tutorials and help please check out our Multirotor Beginner's Guide. Alternatively feel free to ask us a question.
All information relating to shipping and delivery is stated here. Should you not find what you are looking for, please contact us.
Shipping costs are calculated once items have been placed in your basket during checkout.
UK Postage: Here at Flying Tech we process orders Monday to Friday and pride ourselves on our quick turnaround of orders. If stocks levels allow, we aim to dispatch orders placed before 4PM the same day with Royal Mail. Our cut off time for courier delivery is earlier; orders must be placed by 1PM for next day delivery with DHL and 1PM for next day delivery with APC. A confirmation email will be sent when your order has been dispatched. If you wish to change your order, please contact us promptly, as we won't be able to make amendments once the order has been shipped.
We are partnered with several delivery companies including Royal Mail, DHL, APC and Parcel Force. If you have a special delivery requirement or would like to arrange a shop collection please contact us. For small low value orders our cheapest delivery service is Royal Mail First Class; this service aims to deliver the next working day including Saturdays and it can be sent recorded for extra peace of mind – please note this is not a guaranteed next day delivery or trackable service.
For a guaranteed next day delivery we recommend Royal Mail Special Delivery or one of our courier delivery options. Royal Mail Special Delivery will arrive by 1PM the next day and for an extra fee can be delivered on Saturdays. APC Overnight offers next day delivery with full tracking and a 2hr time slot pre-delivery text notification. DHL is a good option for larger consignments and remote locations such as Northern Ireland and Isle of Man. All high value orders are fully insured and will likely require a signature on delivery.
FREE shipping in the UK on orders over £99 (this is a signed for service and insured to a maximum of £40). Please note that the offer only applies to orders with a total weight under 1Kg and that a few products are exempt from the offer, such as LiPo batteries.
International Postage: We are based in the UK, but ship to most worldwide destinations. Postage rates are calculated by the weight and shipment location, the price is quoted during the checkout. Low value order can be sent by Air Mail, but are not insured. Higher value, heavy goods will be sent with DHL or an alternative courier. Orders shipped outside the EU may be subject to customs charges. These charges are additional to any delivery costs and will need to be paid by the recipient.
For our international customers who require a rapid delivery we off a DHL Express service. DHL Express offers NEXT DAY delivery to most European destinations and a very fast delivery for countries further afield, generally 2-3 days. For country specific estimated transit times, please refer this download.
We reserve the right to modify, remove or add to any of these services at any time. We endeavour to ship all items as fast as possible. If you would like an alternative shipping arrangement to be made please contact us.